SACRIFICE AND BALANCE IN LIFE –
TRADEOFFS WITHIN THE PURSUIT OF SUCCESS
If you were asked what success really means, it would surely be quite difficult for you to do so. Everyone has a different perspective on success. That is the reason, if you want to know what success really means, you will have to create your own definition for it.
Each and every thing we do in our lives a kind of tradeoff for achieving success. We are compromising with ourselves and reconciling with others around us. These are nothing but negotiations for success at the end of day. Our actions could be quite understated, or they could be quite plain for all to see – but they are all nothing but our steps towards achieving success.
And as we walk more and more towards success, we act more and more. Most times, we are juggling various ideas in our minds, and sometimes compromising with our own principles in life too. The intention is always to get some measure of success in life.
The Concept of Real Success
But the concept of success is ever-changing. Your perception of success will change as your life
Will move on; you will begin wanting more and more. But the most important thing to remember is that if you want to achieve success in its true meaning, i.e. satisfaction with everything in life, then you will need to change your attitude. You will need to try and convert the regressive things in your life into progressive things. And then you will see how you will be able to overcome all your handicaps and get what you really desire.
People who have already attained some degree of successes in life do accept this concept quite openly. They know that they have to constantly make efforts to get success in their lives.
We have surges as well as ebbs in our lives. Of course, when the ebbs happen, we cannot afford to lay low harboring pessimistic notions in our mind. We must accept these ebbs as an important part of the progress of life. Being prepared is being armed.
Weigh the Options
Evaluate your options clearly early on in life, because the concept of success is so personal. Think whether you need to be more successful in terms of wealth by shunning your family. Or think whether you want to get success by trading off money for it. More often than you think, you will have to weigh such options in life. And when you make the right decisions, with each right decision you make, you are adding to the pan that measures success.
But, you must also remember that when you get the kind of success you have always yearned for, you must make no more compromises with the things that you hold dear to you. This is the time when tradeoffs must not be made, but the success that you have achieved must be reinforced.
Some Personal Trade Offs
However, you can still make a personal tradeoff. You can remove the old disillusioned self from your being and replace it with a new person, a person who is more motivated in everything he or she does. Get within you a person who is more zestful of life. This is the sure method of reinforcing the success you have attained.
Some people think that when they have achieved one of their goals in life, they have succeeded and now they can lay down their arms. But this should not be the case at all. It is very important to understand that success never occurs, it happens. And it keeps on happening gradually. Even after you have ‘succeeded’, count the blessings you have got on a daily basis. Then channelize positive energies in your mind and show them in your actions.
That will be the moment when you will no longer have to make tradeoff to get your success. You will get success at its face value, without any excess baggage of giving up on things you also want close to you.
Here are some points that will help you to understand the relation between tradeoffs and success:-
1. Make a proper assessment of your requirements at the outset. You can have anything you want in life. Do not limit your goals. Even after setting a difficult goal for yourself, be aware that you can aim higher than that. At the same time, you need to be practical about the setting of goals when you begin. Be sure of what route you will have to take to make that goal your accomplishment.
2. Make a habit of writing down your goals in life. Keep affirming yourself that you will realize the goals one day. Plan accordingly in your mind, and act upon them. When you write down things, you will be able to see things in a concrete form. Unknown to you, your subconscious mind will ignite with the desire to bring to fruition what is now on paper. Positive energies will be synergized within you when you read what’s on your goal list.
3. Make a fair assessment of the time limit within which you should achieve your goals. Make deadlines for yourself to make it hit harder. And don’t stop when you accomplish one goal. Set a new one and move on to it. You will then experience what dynamic success means.
4. Make a record of all the work you put in for accomplishing each goal. This will be a reference list for you for the future. It will help to build your morale and will also help you to better prioritize things for future accomplishments.
5. Make sure what you have recorded on paper is perfect. Make plans to achieve further goals. Do not procrastinate or take a break because you have achieved some transitory period of success. Go and try to reach the next level on the pedestal.
Your full and final intention in life, at every waking and sleeping moment, should be to attain success. Do not make tradeoffs beyond a limit. Just try to ameliorate the inner you. Add to your aggressiveness and vehemence in both goal-setting as well as goal-determination. And that is when you will be the person you really want to be.